Frequently asked questions
Don’t see your question listed below? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you within 2 business days.
Yes! We offer an inclusive environment and welcome transgender and non-binary patients to join.
We always recommend that you keep seeing your primary care physician. Allara is designed as a source of supplemental care for hormonal, metabolic and gynecological conditions, so it’s a great way to get additional support.
Yes, you’ll be prompted to upload any labs you’ve had done in the past 3 months to your patient dashboard before your first appointment
You should not stop any medications before consulting with your doctor.
Allara is your all-in-one virtual care team for hormonal, metabolic and gynecological conditions. We’re making expert-led, holistic healthcare accessible online for the first time by connecting you with qualified practitioners who have a deep understanding of hormonal and metabolic care and are deeply sensitive to the unique needs of every patient.
- Allara’s membership is currently available in 16 states including: CA, CT, CO, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, NV, NC, NY, OH, PA, TX, and WA, with plans to expand to all 50 by the end of 2023.
- Allara offers a nutrition only option in 26 states including: AZ, CA, CT, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NV, NC, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY
- Check your eligibility here and or sign up for a free 15-minute consultation to get all of your questions answered here.
- All of the physicians, nurse practitioners, and registered dietitians on the Allara platform are U.S. licensed healthcare professionals. Each practitioner undergoes an extensive background check and license verification process. They have also undergone extensive training in women’s health. We screen all of our practitioners for a good bedside manner that emanates empathy, dignity, and respect, which we know is extremely important to our patients. You can learn more about our provider team here.
- Allara Medical Group's-affiliated physician practices are independently owned and operated by licensed physicians who provide services using Allara's telehealth platform. For more information about the relationship between Allara and the medical practices click here.
Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to gift a membership.
Absolutely! You are welcome to pay with money from your FSA/HSA.
- Yes. We are actively working on expanding our insurance coverage. If you have any questions about insurance, please feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As we’ve all learned over the past year or so, you can accomplish a lot over video call. Our programs are mostly digital, using telemedicine to treat you safely and effectively. When you join Allara, you’ll complete a comprehensive health intake that our providers will review before customizing your program. It’s important that you provide your medical and nutrition team with accurate information in your assessment and in your telemedicine visits so they can provide the best care. That being said, if your doctor orders blood work or diagnostic testing, you’ll be sent to a qualified lab.
- Our membership starts at $99 / mo and includes ongoing medical and nutrition services, if we are not in network with your insurance.
- If we do take your insurance, the options are $20 monthly or $180 for the year (comes out to $15/month) + copays. This could vary if you have a high deductible plan.
- You can learn more about our membership here.
We’ll work with you to find a lab that is in-network with your insurance. To learn more about what to expect for lab coverage, please call the member services number on your insurance card.
You can learn more about our membership offerings here.
- Yes! You can pay with FSA/HSA dollars
- We take your privacy and the security of your information very seriously. We’ve designed the Allara platform to comply with all relevant privacy laws and have implemented strict security protocols to protect your information.
- Yes, you will have an opportunity to upload a PDF of your recent lab work during your intake.
- Please note that our providers prefer to analyze standard blood work from accredited laboratories. If you have prior at-home testing, such as DUTCH testing, these may need to be rerun to get you the most accurate results.
You must be over the age of 18 to sign up for an Allara membership.
- If you are a cash pay or insurance patient with a PPO plan, there is no referral needed.
- If you are using insurance and on an HMO plan, you may need a referral before using our services.
- GLP-1 RA will be prescribed on the Allara platform under the advice of a medical provider and RD and in accordance with the Allara GLP-1 RA guidelines.
- Please message the Concierge Team through the patient dashboard to change or cancel your subscription.
- There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with a provider. Canceling with less than 24 hours notice, or not showing up for a visit, will result in a $25 charge to the credit card on file—however, you will be able to reschedule this visit.
Lab work can be critical in understanding the root cause behind your symptoms. We work with you to identify labs that are in your insurance network; after your first visit, if your clinician orders personalized lab work, this will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab you choose. In some cases, specialty tests may not be covered. To understand what may or may not be covered, please call the member services number on your insurance card.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency please call 911.
- After your initial medical visit, your clinician may order personalized lab work for you to complete prior to your next follow-up. This may include bloodwork and specialty testing to either diagnose or evaluate your PCOS. For bloodwork, we recommend that you work with your insurance's preferred in-network lab such as Quest or LabCorp.. Any blood work ordered by your provider will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab you choose. There is no extra fee to have your bloodwork ordered or reviewed by your Allara affiliated provider.
- Some bloodwork and/or specialty tests may not be covered by insurance. In these cases, you will be billed through the processing lab. To learn more about what to expect for lab coverage, please call the member services number on your insurance card.
We do not prescribe any controlled or compounded medications on the Allara platform.
- Controlled Medications
- oxycodone (OxyContin®, Percocet®)
- hydrocodone (Vicodin®)
- codeine containing products (Robitussin AC®, Phenergan with Codeine® Tylenol with Codeine®)
- amphetamine (Dexedrine®, Adderall®)
- methamphetamine (Desoxyn®)
- methylphenidate (Ritalin®)
- Phentermine containing Products (Qsymia®)
- alprazolam (Xanax®)
- carisoprodol (Soma®)
- clonazepam (Klonopin®)
- diazepam (Valium®)
- lorazepam (Ativan®)
- zolpidem (Ambien®)
- eszopiclone (Lunesta®)
- Compounded Medications - Including compounded testosterone.